This course offers the introduction to the particle physics and includes Two class video recordings,Two Power Presentations,Two PDF files,Single Assignment with 10 - 12 interview oriented questions and Single PDF of some questions and their answers.
Who should take this course:
The students who wants to do career in particle physics, they should definitely take this course. This course will make their basic concept of particle physics strong enough to do career in particle physics. Also students who wants to do PhD in particle physics can refer this course for interview preparation. College Student, Graduate and Post graduate student can also purchase this course.
- Easy language of teaching, Basic concept of particle physics and interview oriented concepts are included.
- This course will give you the basic idea what the particle physics is all about.
- This will make your basic theory strong as we know what type of issues or difficulties they face while studying, they need a proper guide to understand their strength.
- 2 videos recordings
- 2 powerpoint presentations
- 2 PDF
- 1 Assignment
- Almost everything about basics of particle physics is included in this course but if you want to understand it more prominently you should refer the two reference books that we have given you after each PDF file.
- This course will prepare you for the interviews you will give in future for pursuing career in particle physics e.g. PhD.
The course prepare learners for following certification or exam:
- For Indian students, It will be helpful for CSIR-UGC NET exam, and other competitive exams involving physics.
- For other students it will be helpful for their exams based on physics and particle physics as this course is about basic concept.
It is divide into two sections
As this basic course in Particle physics we will cover following topics.
SECTION I:- Introduction to Elementary Particles.
1. What is fundamental particles?
2. Particle and anti- particles
3. Types of Elementary Particles i.e. Leptons and Hadrons
4. Types of Fundamental forces
1. Gravitational Force
2. Electromagnetic Force
3. Weak Nuclear Force
4. Strong Nuclear Force
SECTION II:- Introduction to quarks
1. Strangeness ( what is strangeness and strangeness quantum number)
2. Isospin ( What is Isospin)
3. Types Quarks
4. Quark model ( Baryon Octet, Meson Octet, Baryon Decouplet)
5. Brief talk on Standard model.
Also includes some questions and their answers which will help you to understand this topic very well.
Language of instruction: English